I’ve done these memes before. I think I might even have one or two on this blog, but I don’t feel like going back and looking right now. Feel free to find it for me, if you like.
But, I’m going to do another one because, truth be told, I kind of like them, and if it’s good enough for Aunt Becky, it’s good enough for me.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Bought a new truck. Well, Mister did. But still, it’s the first time I got to BUY a brand new vehicle, instead of LEASING a brand new vehicle, which is very different, because, you get to keep it when you’re done paying for it.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any last year. I made the following for this year:
1. No skydiving
2. No bungee jumping
3. No running with the bulls
4. No freebasing
I feel confident I can keep those.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. People I knew died, but nobody close.
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
6. What countries did you visit?
Mexico. I heart Mexico. Not the whole drug cartel part of Mexico, but the sandy beaches with ocean breezes and unlimited fruity drinks.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
Yeah, I don’t really remember many exact dates. Only when it’s traumatic. So, I guess, nothing from 2011. 2007, on the other hand…
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Um. The new truck? That’s pretty lame.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Why? What do you know?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a cold last week. Oh, and I hurt something in my foot the first day in Mexico (you cry for me, I know). It still hurts sometimes, and that was in March.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I guess I should say the truck. But I really like my shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Those guys who killed Osama bin Laden. And their dog.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
My mortgage. And that damn truck. Taxes. Don’t forget the taxes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Again, with the Mexico. And summertime. I like summertime.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Huh. I’m not sure.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? I guess about the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Riding. My motorcycle.
Also, sitting on my deck in the sun watching the birds and reading books. Since I can’t live in Mexico.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sleeping in. I say that, but I keep doing it. My lack of biological children allows me such luxuries.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Same way I do every year. With crazy family.
21. There was no #21. We don’t know why there was no 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I changed my crush from Bill to Eric on True Blood. Though Alcide is pretty hot. I’m still Team Edward. Toby Keith is still hot in the big dumb hillbilly kind of way.
Did you mean with real people in my real life? No.
23. How many one-night stands?
I’m married. There is no such thing.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI. The Vegas one. Still.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Wow. I read a lot of books. I can’t even remember the names of many of them. I did like the first two Eragon books, even though they’re for kids. Because aren’t we all just big kids even when we’re supposed to be all grown up?
Sick Girl was pretty good. Keeping Faith. Luncheonette. I Totally Meant To Do That. Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love. Nothing Happens Until it Happens to You.
Seriously, I read a lot more. Those just come to mind.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Old Crow Medicine Show.
Lady Gaga (Don’t judge.)
I tend to find music way after the artists first come out.
28. What did you want and get?
To go on vacation.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t watch a lot of movies. Super 8 was pretty intense.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don’t think I did anything special. I guess not since I don’t really remember. Maybe I went out to eat. Thirty-five. I’m now on the downhill slide to forty and it makes me really sad when I think about it. So thanks for that.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
If it is comfortable, wear it. Maybe I am in love with my yoga pants.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Senate Bill 5.
37. Who did you miss?
I don’t know. I miss a lot of people. My old friends I don’t see much anymore, because I suck at keeping in touch because I think nobody really wants to hear from me.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The girl who works at the new restaurant where we go for cheap tacos on Tuesdays.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
To just let things happen, because worrying about them won’t change the outcome. I still struggle with that. It’s so hard to not worry.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Everyday I’m shuffling.